Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:51:24 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <ray@V6BUS.DE>
Subject:      Re: After Market A/C project - Items needed
Comments: To: Scott Greiner <greines@YAHOO.COM>

Do you guys have any idea of how smallcar realises the air blending, to have both heated and cooled air at the stock dash vents?

I have been searching for a good and well-working idea for years (over a decade) and seen only one or two solution that worked at all. No idea, how well though. One is here: http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=223708.75%29 The other I canĀ“t find anymore, I think it was a list member who installed a vintage-car retrofit heater box in his brown vanagon with A LOT of ducts.

I modified a stock WBX heater box with Audi A/C stepper motors to control airflow, but the biggst problem is getting cold air (or an evaporator) into the box, mixing/blending with air from the heater core...

Regards Raimund

Am 22.03.2014 22:15, schrieb Scott Greiner: > I am planning to install the smallcar.com Vanagon A/C Kit in my 1982 Diesel Vanagon that has a AHU motor for a 1997 Jetta TDI. > I contacted smallcar and was told that I will need some additional items. > 1) compressor, mounting bracket & pulley ; I have these from TDI donor car > 2) hoses & fittings - will get from local outlet > 3) condenser - What one would fit? > 4) dyer > I was wondering were to purchase the condenser that would be the right one for installing in my 1982 Diesel Vanagon that has no air conditioning unit ever installed. > On some other interests; I was planning on installing a rear a/c unit from a grade carivan; due to it seem to be a great added unit to provided better air in the back area due to having a middle seat in place. I myself been handling no air for the parts 5 years in hot summers living in Mesa AZ. But now that we have a 2 year old son and twins coming in June, wife feels this would be a great addition for us to use my Vanagon in the summer picking up the kids from daycare, etc. Looks like the Dodge Grande Carivan A/C unit will fit behind/in the back side cabinet like it is installed in the carivan. To help reduce back area from getting hot, having the windows tinted. > > Thanks in advance, > Scott Greiner > The Dog House >