Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2014 06:52:07 -0500
From:         Ralph Meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: transmission for I4 conversion--will a DK fit?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>

I currently have a DK in my westy which was a diesel from the get go, the input shaft and Bell housing needed swapped to do it. For my needs my DK is coming out and original is getting rebuilt with a touch taller 4th. I'm running 215/75/15 bfg all terrains and pulling a small boat. I'm working on a ratio between the 2 for ease on boat ramps and fair power at 60mph on two lane hwys. I believe 90%of the difference is the ring and pinion, third gear difference showed by some info I received is 1.26 and 1.23, barely noticeable in my book