Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:11:43 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 88 GL - Coolant Loss
Comments: To: JRodgers <jrodgers113@gmail.com>

John, how recently have you replaced your radiator? I had this problem once with a van that got hot. I guess there must be some sludge inside the engine which develops over the years. When the van gets hot this liquifies and it pushed up into the radiator. Now the radiator is no longer working at it's best. You can tell this is the problem when you turn on the heater and it makes the temperature go down. The heater is acting as a small radiator, cooling down the motor because the main radiator is no longer working properly. So a new radiator should get the van back in the cool zone where it used to be. I know it worked on the van that we had a similar issue with.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com