Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Mar 2014 07:04:29 -0400
From:         Mike Holm Toronto <mike@BOSSSOLAR.COM>
Subject:      Re: hello all

Hoping i posted this properly. Thanks for the replies from BenT and Jason. Much of the work done on the LT is by me and by a friend who comes to my house to work on the truck but Jason Ewing (Uberhare) will be working on a changeover to a 1.9 TDI in the coming months. This will have a quattro box on it as it was the only way i could see to get rear wheel drive on the truck. I would loved to have to drive the front wheels but that is too difficult ( I think). The tranny is set up to have batteries drive the front hubs and transfer power to the back when in neutral. PUHybrid is the ultimate goal. I used to have a T3 as a work van years ago and loved it but with the LT for work it s time to get a camper. I know this one occasionally suffers from the dreaded vanagon electrical cut out when warm and I would like to change the capacitor as before coming back from Calgary. Other than that, I am told there is nothing wrong with the wee beastie. None the less, I will check out the recommended dudes in calgary for a tune up. Thanks again all.