Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:29:59 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fastivus

Windy, indeed! I was driving along the Antelope Freeway (am I remembering the name right?) in a friend's old GMC pickup when the hood blew up in our faces, against the windshield. Took a bit of maneuvering to get over to the side, some jumping up and down on the hood to get it back down, and finally some rope to secure it. I would NOT want to be driving my Westy on that highway under those conditions.

The track's not quite in Palmdale, but Rosamond, north of Palmdale and Lancaster, south of Mojave, if I recall correctly. I lived with my grandfather in Acton for a few months in 1980, but I do remember, as Don said, nights in the high desert country are pretty magical, specially when the coyotes start howling. Watch out for black widows and rattlesnakes . . . the black widows are super fast and aggressive in that area as I recall.

I would so love to go to something like that . . . Marc P.