Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:49:56 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Craigslist Ad
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

I hear complaints about the early seats, but I was driving my top-of-the line Carat for years while I was also drivingly my 83 (with 355K miles and the original seats, so you have to admit they are durable) and I really couldn't see much difference. I actually prefer the spacious access between the seats and would not want the armrests in the way again. After an all day drive in either car, neither stood out to mess very different from the other (the Carat sat lower than the Westy, of course). Some people like soft, some like firm, VW seems to get it about right on most of their cars.

Everybody in the family complains about the seats in my wife's Prius after anything longer than a drive around town.

Jim