Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Apr 2014 17:34:47 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant loss - '89 Vanagaon - manual trans.
Comments: To: Eric Bainbridge <ericbainbridge@xplornet.com>

Eric, I usually pump the pressure up to 14 psi with a hand pump and a hose attached to the expansion tank cap. Walk away for 15 mins and then check again. If it is still holding then at worst you have a slight seep at the head gasket that might leak a few ounces over the winter months in storage but is nothing to really worry about.

If the pressure has dropped you should be able to see a drip on the ground where the coolant has leaked.

Hope this helps you.