Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:28:56 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seeking advice for installing poptop seal
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>

What happened to me with the front seal is I pushed it too hard and ended up rolling it off the edge, which opened the clips too far. Easy to pinch back down though. And yes, it does shrink a bit, and I used black window sealant to cover the gap. The only thing better about the original seal is it was one piece, but the steel clips were short lived.

Stuart