Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:51:55 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1991 VW Vanagon GL Campmobile water faucet fail
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

---- Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca> wrote: > Something in back of my mind makes me think the later westies had a interrupt that prevented pump from working when tank is dry. Or am I just imagining that?

It is not mentioned in the camper owner's book. But at any rate, I did this job with water in the tank. Pump worked a month ago when I parked the van. I replaced the water line yesterday. Pump does not work. Unfortunately, I did not check the pump operation yesterday before removing the old water line. Ocam's razor says I pulled a wire loose, but I can't find such. This morning, further trouble shooting. Two leads so far from the list, thanks, and I will investigate those two things first.

By the way, fishing the water line through the bulkhead was not really easy. I made it simpler by first disconnecting the old line from the faucet, splicing the new line to it, and pulling the old line through the bulkhead toward the tank. However, the splice caught just where the refrigerator and the cabinet between the refrigerator and the tank meet. I had to enlarge the opening in the cabinet wall to get the line to pass through. I assume that the original plumbing was done before the cabinets and refrigerator were installed, but of course the water line was not original, and had been installed before without the enlarged opening. I'm not worried about the appearance (after all, it is inside the cabinet), but the small opening I made might bother some.

mcneely

mcneely

> > Alistair > > > > > On Apr 24, 2014, at 4:00 PM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> wrote: > > > > I replaced the water line between tank and sink in my camper. Now the faucet (actually the pump) does not work. I have checked the fuse and all connections. Everything seems tight, and the fuse is good. What did I do, or more importantly, what do I need to do to find out what is wrong? I do not have a circuit diagram. Everything worked before, except the water line was full of crud. Now it is clean, but water won't flow. I suppose it is just a matter of using a multimeter and finding any broken path. Lots of wires and connectors it seems. > > > > mcneely

-- David McNeely