Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:03:48 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1991 VW Vanagon GL Campmobile water faucet fail
Comments: To: Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@GMAIL.COM>

Thanks Abel. Yes, the panel lights up when I flip the switch. That was the first thing I did, before checking the fuse on the pillar behind the driver's seat. So that tells me that the tank level senser (such as it is, I did learn that the middle lamp lights between a quarter full and three quarter's full, so not a great indicator of water level) is working. Well, I'd better get to it, that's only one of many little jobs today (why do the little jobs always turn out to be big jobs when I do them?).

mcneely

---- Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > well if theres water in the tank... take out the flase loor in the flat > cabinet giving you access to the wires attached to the tank. put your > faucet in the ON position and then go in the tank area and make sure all of > the connections are good. if the faucet starts to run when you move a > wire/connection then that was the culprit. > > I had a problem with my faucet not working and i thought it was the stock > faucet going out so i replaced it. still didnt fix the problem. I finlly > figured out it was a bad ground connection on my Aux battery system. > > Heres my write up on my issue. > http://dasmotoclub.com/vanagon-wiring-gremlin/ > > In my situation the galley light or level indicator panel wouldnt turn on > either. see if yours turn on. if they do then the problem is isolated to > the faucet/tank. if the dont turn on then the problem is bigger than just > the faucet. it could be a simple ground for the whole system. > > anyways.. hope this helps > Abel. > > > On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Marc Perdue <mcperdue@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Whoa, revelation moment here, maybe. So, if what you all say is true, and > > if the whatever sensor that detects whether there's water in the tank is > > defective, your pump won't work? Have people had this happen? My pump > > doesn't run, there's water in the tank, but I haven't had a chance to get > > in there with a meter and troubleshoot it. My sense, from the list, is that > > it's usually the faucet switch itself that goes bad. This makes sense to me > > as it gets lots of use. > > > > Marc Perdue > > > > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@gmail.com > > >wrote: > > > > > That's true I noticed this on my 87 after about an hour of head > > scratching > > > and troubleshooting . Added water then it worked. > > > On Apr 24, 2014 10:14 PM, "Alistair Bell" <albell@shaw.ca> wrote: > > > > > > > Something in back of my mind makes me think the later westies had a > > > > interrupt that prevented pump from working when tank is dry. Or am I > > just > > > > imagining that? > > > > > > > > Alistair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Apr 24, 2014, at 4:00 PM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > I replaced the water line between tank and sink in my camper. Now > > the > > > > faucet (actually the pump) does not work. I have checked the fuse and > > > all > > > > connections. Everything seems tight, and the fuse is good. What did I > > > do, > > > > or more importantly, what do I need to do to find out what is wrong? I > > > do > > > > not have a circuit diagram. Everything worked before, except the water > > > > line was full of crud. Now it is clean, but water won't flow. I > > suppose > > > > it is just a matter of using a multimeter and finding any broken path. > > > > Lots of wires and connectors it seems. > > > > > > > > > > mcneely > > > > > > > > >

-- David McNeely