Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:36:03 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel Vanagon For Sale Vancouver BC. Tips?
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

I'd suggest that if you are considering this van for your own use, as is...first take a test drive in it....especially if you have never ridden in a diesel Vanagon...They are known to be slow and underpowered...I knew that when I went for my first ride in one and I was still surprised at how slow they actually are...My 36hp split window air cooled would have left it in the dust.....well....gone a little less slow.....

Decent price for an engine conversion candidate though....and there are those out there who don't mind being the slowest vehicle on the highway.....the lack of mobility...so you could maybe sell it later to someone like that...Remember your Rabbit diesel?...well the Vanagon probably weighs double what that Rabbit did and has twice the frontal area...