Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 May 2014 09:27:35 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 exhaust spring washers
Comments: To: Mike B <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>

Your right in that the wave washers don't have the force of the Belleville washers but with the soft flanges on the aftermarket exhaust you don't have the same conditions as the OEM anyway. Many manufacturers have different approaches to this type of connection including shoulder bolts and actual springs to allow the pipe to actually swivel and move while in use. There is also the soft gasket (donut) option. Here the enemy is expansion of the bolts when they heat up so toque those Belleville washer down so they still can hold when the bolts grow.

Dennis