Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 May 2014 11:07:04 -0500
From:         David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Going to Myrtle Beach
Comments: To: teer.vanagon@gmail.com

Hi Harold;

Thank you so much for asking and offering help with our breakdown. Turns out that our starter froze up and the subsequent voltage spike took out my cpu (?) according to Keith at Custom Auto. BTW, those guys are great, On a Saturday,they gave us a vehicle, told us to go get lunch and explore, with a supplied map, the local town while they fixed the vehicle they were there to do in the first place and then check out mine, They replaced the starter, tried to get it to run, and it was finally determined that disconnecting the air velocity sensor allowed the bus to operate as close to correctly as possible. The sensor works correctly. but when connected, the bus revs up, then down and dies. Keith thinks the cpu is fried, but in a way that is not so bad that I am in limp home mode. I will figure all that out when I get home. So far the bus starts hard, but runs quite well as we use it around Surfside and Myrtle Beach. We are hoping that will continue as we travel home this weekend.

Dave B.