Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 2014 18:09:21 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Troubleshooting Blinking LED
Comments: To: Mister Tom <TomsGroups@salicos.com>

If that doesn't do the trick for me, is there a way to disable just the overtemp input to that circuit, and leave the coolant sensor working?

I had that blinking light in my van from the day I bought it...the PO couldn't get it to stop and neither could I...I messed with it for a while, had the instrument panel out a few times trying to get it working properly....then I took some black electrical tape and covered it up with a nice neat little circle that I cut out and stuck right on the face of the instrument....You can't even see it and that damn blinking light is probably still blinking back there, but I don't give a ______!... 5yrs now my tape has worked....70k very enjoyable hard miles on this van since I have had it...

Now all the Chicken Littles will chime in and tell you the sky will fall if you try to drive without that blinking light functioning properly....Whatever...I have better ways to spend my time than fiddling around with teenie little wires and diagrams in a book in order to 'fix' something I don't need anyhow.

I check my coolant level when I head out on a significant drive. I scan my gauges as part of the task of operating the vehicle. I have an oil temperature gauge as well as a functional coolant temp gauge and the alternator light will tell me if I've lost the waterpump belt....Screw that silly little blinker..... Or, fix it somehow if you absolutely must....but I just blanked that blinker-stinker right the heck out....