Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 May 2014 17:29:35 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Royal Purple Motor Oil..
Comments: To: John Schwartz <pa38112@ROADRUNNER.COM>

John

There are a LotOfFolks that say it is OneOfTheBest if not TheBest but IMHO it is not better enough to justify the Extra$s ~ I'm curious as to why you are wanting to shift from 15W-50 to 20W-50 as they are both 50weight oils when WarmedUp & Unless you live in a Climate that is like they get in the Southern1/2 of Arizona or NM or Texas & you are being told by an OilPressureGauge that your Eng' is Old&Loose there is no need for the Number BeforeThe "W" to be any higher than 5 ~ I have run RoyalPurple & AmsOil under the assumption that I was doing GreatThings for my Eng's but sometime is the past 10-14yrs I was shown some TestResults that showed that there were a number of ReasonablyPriced Oils that were so close to being AsGoodAs that I decided to switch to Valvoline & Have NoComplaints ~ I have never run anything thicker than 10w40 in my H2OBoxers & the last one of those was still able to Cruise @ 80mph getting 20mpg without burning any oil @ 136KMis when I pulled it to DropIn an EJ25 ~ I also have a 2001PTCruiser that has 157KMis ~ a '96AstroVan with 162KMis ~ a '93DodgeDakota with 169KMis ~ a 2001ChevyBlazer with 174KMis & MyWifes 2008 FordEscapeHybrid with 172KMis & the Vast majority of those Miles were RackedUp with Valvoline in the Pan ~ I will admit that I have recently become curious about PennzOils PlatinumPurePlus & the last O'C' that I did on the Escape I switched from Valvo to P'O'P'P'P' 5w20 but I'm guessing that on that car MPGs will be the only way I'll be able to identify any differences ~ The next O'C' that I do on my VDubaru will also be with P'O'P'P'P' so I can Observe it with the OilPressurGauge ~

ORR ~ DeanB