Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 May 2014 15:27:49 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      A tire for 14" vanagons
Comments: To: WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

All who still run the standard wheel size for vanagons...those who have not bought new wheels claiming they can't find tires in the regular van size anymore...here are some good ones I found and have been running with pleasure and surprise for about 15k miles now....

The Goform G520 from Tireseasy.com were cheap and are said to be made using Hankooks technology. I was low on money so I tried some thinking just to get me home from Yuma to Portland...At $43 per tire I wasn't expecting too much but they are impossible to tell, ride handling and wear-wise from the RAO 8 Hankooks I would have bought, had I the money at that time..

Mine are 205 70 R 14 with a 98 load rating and 1653lbs per wheel at max 44psi. They were half the price of the Hankooks and came in two days from Tireseasy.com, who were quite simple to deal with over the phone...California company...If the link is too long, look in the passenger car tire listings on their site..

I have these on the front of my van, came north with 5000lbs of weight, no problemo..I have Nokian Hakka CS on the rear and the combo is neutral handling...Now in the Gorge winds, often gusting into the 70s, they still handle as well as any other quality tire I have used....I am ordering a second pair now that winter is gone, saving my Nokians for slippery and snowy roads...

I ain't sayin these are the best-est tires in the whole world...but they're just fine, in fact, real good....and you certainly can't beat the price...

http://www.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&cart_id=3159234.135.13123&&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Marke=Goform&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&Quer=70&Felge=14&Speed=&kategorie=6&tyre_for=&m_s=&search_tool=standard&suchen=Ordern