Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 May 2014 04:48:15 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday question... Walking shoes
Comments: To: JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

On 5/25/2014 1:24 AM, JRodgers wrote: > large numbers of postal service employees especially walking mail > delivery folk - use a New Balance shoe. I have worn the same show for > years. My current one is MW9278K or maybe it's MW927BK. I think the BK > is for black. I have had them in white. Excellent shoe if you are on > your feet all day or do a lot of walking. Recommended for diabetics by > my doctor. > > I also use with these shoes a custom made full length orthotic for each > foot. Peoples feet are as individual as finger prints - and most peole > have one foot a half-size bigger than the other - and these generic - > one size fits all shoes on the market are the pits. You NEED that custom > orthotic to for the perfect fit. Once you have a good set of orthotics > to match your feet to your shoes - you will never go back. > > John > > On 5/25/2014 1:03 AM, SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott ) wrote: >> I am unable to exist without either Crocs or Sloggers .. >> rubber sandal shoes with a heal strap, >> then I put Superfeet Energizers in them. >> >> it's all I ever wear. >> I suppose for a hiking a rough rocky trail I might where a light hiking >> boot .. >> otherwise.. >> only crocs or sloggers 'do it' for me, footwear wise. Socks optional. >> >> I've had real foot pain issues before .. >> nothing works for me like these shoes. >> >> >> Scott >> On 5/24/2014 7:02 PM, Rob wrote: >>> I'm spending a lot of time on my feet these days and look to be doing >>> a good bit of walking over the next 7 months. I was thinking today >>> that I could use some 'good' walking shoes (they need to be white for >>> the job I have). I'm talking regular surfaces like concrete, wood & >>> asphalt. >>> >>> "Good" walking shoes? I'm looking for recommendations & thought >>> someone here might have some. >>> >>> >>> >>> Rob >>> vwrobb@gmail.com >>> >> To add to what John said, you can gamble that the Wally World/Dr. Schools $40 generic orthotics will work(and sometimes they do), but if your health insurance plan covers orthotics, GET THEM. 85% of the pubic has some sort of functional foot or lower leg problem that would be relieved by orthotics. I got mine when I was running marathons in the late 70's and early 80's and never quit wearing them after I switched sports. Go find a non-big box running shoe store and see who they recommend for a podiatrist, or ask around. They are like corrective lenses for your feet.....

HTH

DM&FS