Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2014 18:01:13 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Saving Ideas Article

The article is fine, it was written for a wide audience and many of us need to be reminded that gas savings can only come from certain parts of certain systems. There is no panacea, no single thing that will be the magic bullet. All the good things you can do (mainly buying a fuel efficient car in the first place and combining your trips to drive your car as little as possible) have nothing to do with the snake oil, which helps nothing and needs to be pointed out from time to time.

It was nice to see it all in one place.

People need to be reminded, too, that buying online, while it helps your own mileage, does not help the global problem. Just because you don’t drive across town to get something doesn’t mean there is no fuel usage involved. Quite the opposite, especially in these times of obviously heavily subsidized shipping.

Jim