Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:30:55 -0400
From:         Vincent Dow <ianvincentdow@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Adventurewagen] Need to sell my van : ( Another victim of
              bad diagnostic skills! This really bothers me
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

I have friends whose residence is new Jersey. They have a 68 VW camper van which has been in Mex for eight years with South Dakota reg. S.D. offers this as a little money-maker for the state. Keep your insurance coverage as is... Your agent should not care what the plate on the car says. Yeah, S.D. will mail you a plate, and you're good to go!

The last five years I've been registering my vanaru in CA and avoiding smog-check by submitting the STATEMENT OF FACT form - which declares I won't drive the van in CA. Last september I was informed by the DMV that this would no longer suffice - and I had to bring it in for smog check. I have no intention of doing that. I'd rather sell the VW and look for a 1969 chevy sport van. I'm going to do the S.D. reg this summer. Hope for the best.