Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jun 2014 19:37:50 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: maximum tire load question
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

When mounted as duals the tire capacity is reduced due to the fact that tire loading is not equal so there needs to be some room for error. In addition most roads are crowned increasing the load on the inside tires. From RV experience the inside tires wear the most and are usually the first to fail. When one fails that load goes onto the remaining tire. Often a tire failure will go unnoticed until the 2nd one fails.

Dennis