Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:29:59 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Sliding door track cover and welting question

Hi folks,

Another possibly too simple question but one I'd love some help with.

The black welting, the plastic strip between the door track cover and the side of my van was shrinking and shredding. I ordered a new one and installed it. I didn't consult the list as I don't want to be remembered for asking such darn simple things.

Well, it is no longer shredding or too short, but the darn thing doesn't stay up above the edge of the cover, and I certainly don't think it is keeping out water.

So what is the correct way to install this strip? I believe the old and new one both came folded over so that it would fit in the metal tabs. My old one had the edge of the metal cover in the fold. I did that to the new one. I slipped it in place. I gently pried it up so it looked nice. I tightened the two small screws and immediately the strip began to sag into the area behind the cover.

Suggestions?

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia