Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jun 2014 21:15:42 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 88 GL - Failure to Start - but now it does!! Hip Hip Huzzah!!
              The cost of Diesel Fuel.
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Keep in mind you are running older technology and supporting it yourself. Imagine paying dealer or even shop rate for labor and parts to keep that rig going. BTW for modern engine using the computer controlled injectors when I need 2 for the motorhome they listed for $678 each, rebuilt! The Cat dealer wanted to replace all 6 plus the pump for a cost approaching $7k. That was at 57k miles.

Dennis