Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:16:49 -0400
From:         Rick Koller <kollerr@HELIX.NIH.GOV>
Subject:      Re: WBX Digitool/ Digital  Engine Analyzer

Hi John, I like my digitool. It is one of Darrel Boehler's original hand made versions so it is relatively old. Can't remember when I got it from him. Anyway, I like the quick visual aid it permits for the various functions the ECU sees and monitors. It has come in handy several times over the years. Specifically in my experience it warned me of potential and actual failure for the Oxygen sensor, temp sensor II, battery output and the throttle position switch. So for me it was worth the expense, a useful addition to my tool box, plus I admire the ingeniousness of Darrel to think of inventing it. I made the mistake of ignoring its readout once. The voltage for the Temp II was reading abnormal but the van seemed unaffected til a week later when it became hard to start when cold. Sure enough it was warning me the sensor was going bad. I didn't have a backup so was forced to use a local FLAPS Chinese version. If I had not ignored the digitool I would have ordered a sensor from one of the great vendors we use on the List. Rick Koller, Digitooler