Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:30:19 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Front bumper removal conundrum
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>

Those bolts should all have 13mm heads. 14 mm is very unusual for a vanagon, can't think of any on the van, off hand.

On rear bumper. Yes, two bolts on rear face of bumper, under rubber strip. Two other bolts under bumper, right above the two loops.

On front bumper, just the two 13 mm head bolts.

If it was me, I'd cut the spinning 14 mm bolt off, hack saw or Zip disk. Then with the bumper removed you might see what's what. I haven't cut the front bumper structure apart, but I'm betting it is a welded nut or inner face. Worst comes to worst, you could cut an acces hole adjacent to the problem nut and get access to weld on a new nut back there.

Let us knwo what you find when you get the bumper off.

Alistair