Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jun 2014 05:48:10 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westrailia update
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

I have seen a few of the Ladybug trailers around So Cal and Baja. Nice

You were lucky to be relatively close to civilization when you broke the trailer...

A lot of trailers are not really suitable to tow anywhere but on streets and highways. Something to take into consideration before one ventures off into the back country with a trailer in tow.

We towed a Well Cargo 10' box trailer to Baja and back for some years. Wells Cargo is made in the US and has a pretty good rep and also good customer service, but we broke stuff that we could have easily reinforced before leaving, and saved some sketchy repair moments. The wiring on trailers can be somewhat frustrating and vulnerable, too. Simple, yes but prone being damaged and corrosion... It never seems to just work when you want to hook up and go... I am currently reworking that same Wells Cargo to tow again with the new (to me) GM Safari AWD van I just got... I am doing it as right as I can possibly do, having dealt with poorly executed wiring quite often on almost every trailer I have every been around..

It seems that when most trailers are manufactured they don't carefully consider how the buyers might actually use them and they cut corners, in ways that will show up later....

Don Hanson

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Rocket J Squirrel < camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: Heh.

No -- this little trailer has been a great pleasure to me.