Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:48:24 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Oregon gasoline- was Steve Sandlin keys win again
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

You are right, it was to prevent morons from doing stupid things, like drive off with the hose still inserted (I've seen this twice, and once it was a guy dragging the hose behind him as he drove past my house), or filling a gas can in your pickup truck bed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUwTHAU35E). And, did you know you are not supposed to get back into your car (static electricity can build up on you and when you go to remove the nozzle . . . poof!) or use your cell phone while fueling?

The problem is they don't hire enough attendants, so no one is paying attention. Just stop by a mega station at Safeway or Costco and see how long it takes to get fueled. But, you can't drive off with the hose in if they have your keys. Unemployment in Oregon is hovering between 6.8% and 7%, so maybe they could improve both situations!

Stuart Traveling to the Oregon coast frequently