Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jun 2014 22:45:32 -0400
From:         James <jk_eaton@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday NVC:  European Union switch to diesel not working so
              well
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

But urea injection was first developed in the EU - low sulfur/sulphur diesel fuel as well.

That Business Week article is so full of holes, it's swiss cheese. First off, it isn't NO2 specifically that is the problem, but a variety of nitrogen oxides, and the way anybody in science rights that is NOx. Then there's the bafflegab about different NOx standards for diesel powered cars - which isn't so, EU standards for car emissions are fuel-neutral. And, having travelled in London, it's not the diesel cars that are the problem, it's the trucks/lorries.

Overall, I'd have to say another 'puff piece' by Business Week for the North American gasoline industry!

James Ottawa, ON