Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:22:48 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Inconsistent stumbling on resume throttle..Was "vanagon
              syndrome?"
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

If you suspect the o2 sensor just disconnect it and see how the van runs. With it disconnected the computer uses internal maps to determine fuelling, and the van actually runs fine.

You can use a meter to measure the output of the sensor too. Dennis just gave an overview of what readings to expect.

The digifant you have is very similar to what the wbx engine uses. Yes, there are places for unmeasured, ie after the afm, air intake.

I replaced my o2 sensor today as it happens. I've done a few over the years and they can be very tough to remove. This one would not come out cold, or engine running hot. But with the oxy acetylene torch on the welded nut insert the sensor unscrewed easy as pie. Quite remarkable how easy infact.

Alistair