Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jun 2014 03:08:59 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Inconsistent stumbling on resume throttle..Was "vanagon
              syndrome?"
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

The symptoms clearing after cycling the ignition switch is classic of a problem with the O2 sensor or circuit. Sensors do get intermittent and they are easily fouled by road stuff on the outside and worse oil or antifreeze on the inside. Rich mixtures for any reason can also cause them to carbon foul. On the Vanagon Digifant another common problem is a bad ground for the O2 reference circuit. One of these connections is the ground wire in the harness to the distributor. Check the archives. I have written the procedure to test the O2 sensor wiring in the past. If it can’t be found I can re-write.

Dennis