Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:24:37 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC Removal
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

The exceptions to this are the '85 and earlier units in Westys. Useless, but the good news is the Westy cabinet is still there, albeit with no door. The storage space is far more useful for me, but I don't live in a hot humid climate.

If I did or ever start travelling extensively, I'd consider Small Car's in-dash system: http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=62 My only concern with this conversion is it eliminates all fresh air intakes, leaving the windows as your only option. But that's the most efficient way to run it when it's really hot anyway.

I feel the same way. The 87 and later units work well even running R134A if repaired and charged correctly. Properly service they should not require much maintenance. They do however rob engine power and fuel economy.

Dennis