Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:51:42 -0700
From:         Paul Freese <freese.paul@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Car radio mounting kit
Comments: To: Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA>

thanks Roy. I was kinda thinking in front of the shifter, easier than roof in terms of wiring. Paul On Sunday, June 29, 2014 6:24 PM, Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA> wrote: Paul, One of the 1991 Vanagons I looked at last month had the radio installed vertically on the flat surface just in-front of the shift.  I have also seen them suspended from the roof on a bracket much like you would see a CB or VHF radio mounted in a boat or large truck. On 29-Jun-2014, at 20:09, Paul Freese wrote: > Does anyone have an alternate location for the radio?  The previous owner of my (newly purchased) westy installed gauges (oil temp, pressure and volts).  They are in the radio location and look really good (not to mention very very functional and comforting). I could move them but I would rather locate the radio that I will mostly likely not be able to hear at highway speeds in a new location. > > Keep your stick on the ice and your head up. > > > > On Sunday, June 29, 2014 5:53 PM, Art Jury <kf7gd7@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > I am working to mount a radio in my 1990 vanagon (wires just hanging out > right now)  Electrical is easy what physical mounts have folks used? > > I know how to jury rig something but it wont look good. > > Thank you for your time. > > Art. > > -- > The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not > expect to sit.  ~Nelson Henderson > > "You don’t pay back, you pay forward."  Robert A. Heinlein