Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jul 2014 21:18:10 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Arachnid Hitchiker
Comments: To: Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>

Reminds me of back in the early early 90s. My room mate and I grabbed some VW Parts from under his house and loaded them up in my 64 VW double cab the day before the VW Swap meet.

got up in the AM about 4:30 and drove from San Diego To LA. Got in at 4:30 with a few spider webs and thought nothing of it.

Well through the whole trip we had more then our fair share of encounters with plenty of the widow spiders. No Bites but we were jumpy most of the day when we finally got up there. Drove in the dark the whole way up freaked out. after that one night we went on a part search under his house and it was crawling with black widows. Decided we needed to Bug Bomb it to go in again.

Also, After moving back to Michigan I purchased a 71 bus and had is shipped from Holister CA to MI. Got it hear and sat it in the pole barn. Came out a few days later to look at it and it was riddled with BIG Black widow stow aways.

All in good fun.

Jonce