Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jul 2014 07:43:10 -0400
From:         William Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Galley lighting addition
Comments: To: Phil Zimmerman <philzimm1@shaw.ca>

I never use the stove in my Westy when camping with the kids. The pony tail hanging over the edge makes me nervous. In preparation for solo camping mounted a fixture over the stove area from a crashed 88 Westy I had. Also changed out to LEDs.

I do have LEDS over the rear seat in a updated festoon bulb fixture. Has lights directed towards each side of the seat. Either or both sides can be independently controlled.

In the rear shelf over the engine two flush mount LEDs light up the area well. They required drilling two holes and the wiring comes out in the top. I have them mounted close the outer edge of the shelf so the wires are protected by a thin plastic strip. I still haven't decided where to mount a switch in the rear so it's just tucked up in the tray for now. A switch is also mounted in the panel behind my drivers seat. Using a wiring set up similar to what you would find in your home that turn a light on/off from two separate switches.

I am fortunate to have a mail order marine supply warehouse near by. They have a huge clearance section to dig thru. Most of my stuff has been purchased there.

Bill

-- Sent from Gmail Mobile