Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:36:26 -0400
From:         Paul van Dyck <plvandyck@MSN.COM>
Subject:      6. The Real Starter Problem Found. Now I Need a Wiring Harness (2)

I had Ken Wilford of Van Again install a new wiring harness after having had enough of "a little thing here and a little issue there", type electrical problems. Now if something were to go wrong, I can pretty much negate the wiring harness as a source. Having his(or any capable mechanic) knowing eyes identify the multiple connectors, grounds, washers, etc... that needed replacement, was well worth the install price. My van is currently running smooth and I am under no illusion that mechanicals will continue to be in my future, but my wife and daughters don't do broke down at the side of the road very well, or "let's just take the Explorer and sleep in tents". Just a thought when buying a used wiring harness- it is probably 25+ years old and will have its own issues ready to manifest themselves, and, as stated by others, if not an exact match connector wise, you may soon reach a cost effectiveness threshold-time and $- where a new one makes sense. Sometimes you have to spend money to save money.

Regards Paul '90 Syncro Tin top "Hildegard"