Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:44:17 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacement fuel tank question
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

The gauge in mine, besides being dependent on vehicle attitude to be consistent, it also is skewed towards "Empty" a bit...A full tank takes the needle to below the full mark and an empty tank is well below the 'empty' end of the scale...

For the longest time I was clue-less on how the gauge is marked...Must be a German thing, but half way across the sweep of the gauge needle is the first mark...a Bold mark...then 3/4 across the sweep is a small thin mark and the bottom is a red area... I was mistaken thinking the bold mark at half way meant half a tank....and the next smaller one was 1/4 tank...when in truth the bold one is just 1/4 tank gone and the smaller one three quarters across the dial, that means 1/2 tank is gone....How did I ever come to that conclusion?....I didn't get an owner's manual when I bought this 30yr old van... I use the gauge as a back up....I rely on my odo tripmeter...