Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Aug 2014 01:09:13 -0400
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Manual Transmission Drive Flange Seal
Comments: To: Michael Magnani <mfmagnani@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Yes. There is a seal that presses into the side of the tranny and seals against each flange. If y look under the plug...there is a clip that holds the flange on. There is a strong spring under the flange. You need to press the flange down, remove the clip, and the flange will come out. Then you will see the seal. There is of course a special tool to press the flange down. Y can remove the clip without the tool...but getting the clip on for installation will be fun without the tool :)

There is an 8mm thread in the middle of the shaft in the tranny...the special tool threads into this hole to push the flange in. You can make a tool to work.

Sent from my iPad