Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:03:45 -0300
From:         Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Looking for travel advice in Quebec and southeast Ontario
Comments: To: James <jk_eaton@HOTMAIL.COM>

I'll second James' nomination of Parc national Yamaska ... I use to live in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and went there all the time. My son and I stopped there this past Sunday on our way back home.

While Forillon is a must visit park for the costal vistas, if you like a good hike, I would recommend le parc national de la Gaspésie. There are lots of amazing short hikes (1 - 20K) through the Chic-Chocs and McGerrigle mountains, but if you have the time and inclination, la pièce de résistance is the section of the International Appalachian Trail between Mont Logan and Mont Jacque-Cartier. At ~100K, it is a solid 3-4 day hike for the experienced - though it can be fast-packed or trail run in 1-2 days.

If you are up for a short traverse, then parc national d'anacosti should not be missed. La chute Vauréal is simply breathtaking!

There is lots to see in eastern Québec.

Roy