Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:22:01 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tools and parts for Baja trip plus
Comments: To: "SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

I find needlenose Vise Grips to be handy. Hose pick is invaluable for removing in those hard-to-reach spots. JB Weld. Headlight flashlight (also helpful during those nighttime strolls) and\or magnetic-base light. SAFETY GLASSES to keep undercar crap from falling into your eyes. Folding extending mechanic's mirror.  Some spots you just can't see into.   Gloves (I carry leather and nitrile). Stephen On Friday, August 15, 2014 2:02 PM, "SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott )" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> wrote: I think 'tools' was asked about. How about such things as .. CV joint screw tool, ratchet and extension to go with it. a good solid ball peen hammer assortment of 13mm and other metric wrenches and sockets. assortment of screw drivers of various types ..I love those 4 in 1 screwdrivers myself. same on channel lock pliers... a really good vice gribs .. bailing wire .... needle noise pliers and electrical kit ..test light, jumper wires, fuses ..that sort of stuff. and for sure an Remote Starter Switch ..which has many uses. and so on. On 8/15/2014 2:43 AM, Larry Alofs wrote: > Ignition switch > headlight bulb > tire plugging equip. > 12V air compressor > jumper cables > coolant > wiper blade > fuses > dvm > elect. wire > > > > On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Nomadix <subarusyncro@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hi list.  Going to try to venture down to Cabo in a WBX 2.2 syncro with >> new engine and gowesty tranny >>      Was wondering what people suggest I should have in van as in tools and >> parts to make that journey. >> >> I already have the Baja fuel filter to filter out water.  And you would be >> curious to know that even the local gas stations have a bit of water. >> >> Other parts In van already >> >> Full-size tire >> Hilift jack >> Recover kit >> Winch >> Fire  extinguisher >> Two of each belt >> 3x oil filter >> 3 - 5 gallon gas can >> 1 - 5 gallon water >> 1 outdoor shower >> 2- gps >> 1- enduro bike on back >> 1-Tool kit.  But don't know all the tools I need????? >> >> curious to input on other adventures and what u suggest.    I believe >> this is good topic and thread >> >> Thanks >> >> Rob