Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:44:13 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Flickering Oil Light at Idle
Comments: To: "Chris S." <szpejankowski@gmail.com>

Yes...if your cooling system is not effective your engine temps are going to be higher than they should be, and that, of course, would cause the oil to also be hotter than it should be.

On my particular motor I watch the relative difference between Oil and coolant temps to make sure the water pump function is fine. It is amazing how quickly the oil will gain heat when there isn't adequate cooling...so even if the water temp gauge is faulty, you have another way to see the motor's internal temperature. Remember, WBX motors are pretty similar to air/oil motors of the older vans....so those were cooled mostly by the oil..