Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2014 21:39:17 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlights
Comments: To: Maureen <maureenehall@YAHOO.CA>

A number of folks have mentioned upgrades and many of them work well. The first problem you have is that you existing headlight assembles are shot. The lenses are pitted on the outside from road stuff and speed and the reflectors even if they "look" OK no longer do what was designed. Simply replacing them will do wonders. Unfortunately they are no longer available. Neither are the European versions.

Installing high power bulbs just increases the brightness of the poor light distribution and even if you don't get flashing light complaints from oncoming drivers those you follow can also be annoyed at the bad light pattern. Going to the earlier round lights with standard wattage, high performance bulbs is a good choice. The South African grill and lighting is a great choice if you do a lot of driving where you need really good high beams.

Dennis