Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:42:05 -0700
From:         Dick Wong <sailingfc@DSLEXTREME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine miss
Comments: To: TCollins <tonycollin@gmail.com>

Tony,

I have not changed the fuel filter yet. It is post pump. Pump sound pretty normal. No idea what's in the tank or how old it is.

I don't think it is a filter obstruction, when I've had that issue, the engine will cut out and start coughing at the upper RPMs when the most fuel is needed.

I do have a filter waiting under the rear seat, since I intended to change it after I had bought Blaze over a year ago.

Thanks for your input.

-Dick Wong- 78 Scirocco Original Owner 87 Vanagon Syncro 2.5 (Blaze) Third Owner 12 Golf TDI Original Co-Owner

-----Original Message----- From: TCollins [mailto:tonycollin@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:50 AM To: Dick Wong Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Engine miss

Dick,

Have you changed your fuel filter recently? Is it post pump? Any cavitation sounds or whining from the pump? Is the tank newer, free of crud? When I have these issues I check for gunk slushing in the tank and creating an obstruction. These first happened to me a highway speeds. Much like you described. It was simpler as I have the square pre pump filter still. Every so often I have to blow bubbles into the tanks outlet hose to clear obstructions inside at the screen of the tank.

Hth Tony