Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Sep 2014 05:33:14 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clutch slave cyl. replacement: What could go wrong?
              Well.....Friday sort of.
Comments: To: Steven Shelton <shelton4@gmail.com>

Well that makes little sense...mandating that brake fluids all be clear or amber...Too bad, that was a handy way to tell if your brake fluid was completely bled. I normally don't put fluid into my Motive pressure bleeder either if I am just bleeding a wheel or the clutch but since I was losing fluid and I was working solo, I figured I didn't want to chance pumping air into the system, so I put some fluid in the pressure bottle.

Just last night I found that sometime during changing the slave cylinder I must have lost connectivity ito my O2 sensor...On my Inline VW motor the O2 sensor wire is right there next to the clutch linkage, and mine has a spliced connector. I just noticed my fuel consumption was increasing and my coolant temperature is now lower than normal, indicating a very rich mixture since my slave cylinder change...... Gotta crawl back under and check the wire to the sensor...