Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:00:37 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Swivel seat
Comments: To: "ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>

Hi,

I just use an iterative approach. Tighten, try to rotate, loosen if needed, tighten if too loose, etc etc

All the while trying to keep the torque the same on all four nuts. You won't have the seat on so remember that seat gives to a longer lever arm when rotating the swivel. I tend to err on the tight side, hate having the swivel wobbly or loose.

Alistair