Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Sep 2014 10:14:45 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: DIY vanagon cover for storage?

On 9/27/2014 9:59 AM, Edward Maglott wrote: > Hey y'all. I've got a parts van I'm going to leave in the carport of > my old house which I will rent out. My goals for covering it are: > Make it look a bit more attractive than a dirty, rusty, 85 vanagon > with pieces missing; and keep people from possibly messing with > it. The $200 Bus Depot one looks quite nice but may have more > features than I need. Because the van is under a carport it will get > good airflow and little precipitation will hit it. I really will not > need to get into it very often. Maybe once a year? Who knows for > sure. I was wondering if I could make some kind of cover out of > those big blue or silver tarps, tied with ropes to keep it snug and > tidy. Has anybody done this? Would moisture be an issue? > > Thanks! > Edward I've found fabric car covers at garage and estate sales for like 2-$5, thatsewn togther should more than adequately hide the neighborhood eyesore". The two I have both have elstic corners so they don't blow around and one of htem has the stuff bag sewn into the cover so it doesn't get lost.

I use them to cover flea market items from overnight dew, but have draped them over my 90 GL and both are long enough and wide enough, but not sure about tall enough.

YMMV

DM&FS