Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Oct 2014 09:52:47 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Shift linkage question 83 diesel
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

MHO is to replace that Pin with a Bolt ~ Have done it on MoreThan1Occ' ~ Drop TheCup,

Drive ThePin out & put a Bolt through from Inside the cup ~ I try to find a Bolt with a Shoulder

that is the SameLength as ThePin & then Trim the Threads AsNeeded so as to be just enough to

accommodate a NyLock Nut ~ That part is Probably UnnecessaryOverKill, But JustTheWayIAm ~

Quite Simple&Easy to do, especially if you ignore the LongShoulder part ~

ORR ~ DeanB