Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:05:26 -0700
From:         Ben <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Crickets..

Of all the responses to this thread, Roberts covered the most reasons, IMHO. As far as the Spam bucket, I still get a bunch in my Gmail but less these days since I've been religiously tagging them "not Spam".

I believe the forum that was being referred to as "unhelpful" is the Samba. Although there are a few on this list who are quick to tell a newbie to "go check the archives", I think you will find that those on the Samba tend to throw a little more emotion behind the message.:-(

Since joining the Vanagon Owners Group on FB, I've seen the membership nearly doubled. It's now twice the current size of the Vanagon List. I like to think that had something to do with participation of the admin (equivalent of the moderator) for the group coupled with mechanisms of FB. For example, everytime membership increases by an increment of 100, I would post a notice to the group. Almost immediately after, new membership requests spikes. Managing threads is also easier. "Rude" postings may be deleted by the admin without further notice. Same goes for Spammers.

I do my share of promoting the List in both Samba and FB. You might try doing the same. There is a whole new generation of owners out there who don't know the list exists.

Regards,

BenT sent from my electronic leash