Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:55:41 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: drive from Oklahoma to Spokane, WA

On Oct 4, 2014, at 8:48 AM, Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, experts, am I looking at a rebuild or engine replacement? The beast > runs great with no indications of low oil pressure. > > <snip> > The good news is Spokane is relatively flat, you could drive around in > that valley without stressing your vanagon...the bad news is in every > direction from Spokane you will be encounter big mountain passes. > Having a Vanagon that causes you worry and stress when you use it, > especially when using it to leave town......that kinda defeats the purpose > of them.

Another good thing about Spokane is that there are a couple excellent Vanagon technicians reasonably close.

Obie Bradshaw, the retired owner of Obie’s Import Repair who retired to Spokane a few years back and is still doing some side work and Jason Newton, an ASI master European technician, down in Walla Walla. Each has forgotten more about VW products than I’ve ever known. They are mechanics that I wouldn’t hesitate to send my wife or mother to. Higher praise I cannot give.

Jim