Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Oct 2014 08:41:45 -0700
From:         Vincent Dow <ianvincentdow@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Any vans for sale.
Comments: To: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@ip-solutions.net>

In Montreal (Laval, Que) the gentleman who is rebuilding my DK tranny has several fully restored westies for sale. New paint, new canvas, rebuilt 1.9L TDIs - everything gone over with a fine-tooth comb. He wants $16,500.

Looking back at buying my beater-subaru conversion for $5,400. Once I plumbed in a heater, replaced the head gaskets, engine seals, rebuilt tranny, restore missing spare-tire tray... Anyway, all that and a new canvas would easily be $16,500. Spend the money and get a van that's been gone-over and restored or else get a beater with no engine and do it all yourself, and do it right. If you have the time, the skills and the space.