Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:26:42 -0500
From:         Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: two wire connectors...Proper polarity?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

I usually use SAE connectors since thats what my van had from the previous owner.

I use the connector on the left of this image linked below to the power source. ie battery/fuse block etc.this way that positive "hot" post remains shielded so in case i dont have anything hooked up to it, it wont accidentally ground itself to the chassis and short out.

http://www.vetco.net/catalog/images/G-QD-18-2.jpg

so... which ever type of connection youre using, be sure the "hot" post that always has power is using the shielded/protected part of the connector. just in case... then let everything else fall from there...

thats what i do anyways...

Abel Longoria www.DasMotoClub.com