Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:07:51 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Single wire Oxygen sensor: Substitution report..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

The ground shield in the cable assembly is only grounded at the ECU end. Grounding on both ends can allow electrical noise to be picked up and induced which can effect low voltage/current signals. Folks experienced with sound and video systems knows about special cables and ground isolation to stop humming and alternator noises.

Dennis

The ground IS made by the 02 sensor/exhaust connection itself.

I was unsure whether the shielded cover of the harness-end of the sensor/ECO connection should be grounded somehow, to the sensor? or what....anyhow...I couldn't get a real answer to that, so I just tried it...

Mine is now..."Screw the O2 sensor in, connect one wire...and it goes" quite well.